CONTENT INCLUDES

FASHION, MAKEUP, AND ALL THINGS HAUTE























Thursday, August 6, 2009

NOSTALGIC = SHOPPING



For those of you who dont know what is nostalgia or being nostalgic I got the definition of it:

nos·tal·gia
1: the state of being homesick, a wistful desire to return in thought or in fact to a former time in one's life, to one's home or homeland, or to one's family and friends; a sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time!



So this summer I have been very sad even though my life has changed for the better. I've been very excited with all the happenings in my life, but deep in my heart I have also been very sad missing my family back home in Puerto Rico. For the past 6-7 years I had been going to Puerto Rico every summer to visit my family. This year with all the traveling and events I won't be able to make it to Puerto Rico to have fun with them. And it breaks my heart when I speak to my cousins (who adore me cause they know if Liz is in town its a shit load of fun) and they tell me they miss me! Or when mami sonia (thats my grandma she dont like to me called grandma or abuela she says that makes her sound old lol she is too cute) calls and tells me in spanish "oh mija the house feels so quiet without you guys I really miss you" tear* tear* I have no choice but to cry as I'm writing this I am very sad to the point that I want to cry but I cried last night so no more of that today especially while Im at work. I really miss them all especially my godson. There is nothing like being home with the people that love you and show nothing but love. ahhhh just imagine waking up to the smell of arroz con habicuelas con aguacate while the roosters are cockadoodling early in the morning (yes in the islands people usually eat heavy early in the day and light at night) Damn I miss them so to ease my pain of my nostalgia I been at the mall everyday this week doing what? guess ...ill wait lol...if you guessed SHOPPING you are 100% correct! I have gotten a few nice things from forever 21, H&M, mac, nordstrom, aldo, louis vuitton(i will not post what I got from there or put a pic up thats personal lol) actually I wont post all the things i got just a few I'll post the stuff I got for a good price and the lipgloss I got.

First I got this top from f21 there were so many colors available but I fell in love with this green one. It was only 9.50 yippeee for the price. Then I got 2 gold necklaces from H&M. I am totally into necklaces right now (ladies please dont over accessorize or match example...dont wear a red shirt with red earrings, red bracelets, red necklace and red rings with red shoes that is matching overKILL!! and I know people who probably would of put on red eyeshadow pleasseeeeee stop the madness the fashion police will def lock your ass up lol!!!! Always try to funky it up, a little for example if you wearing green hook it up with gold or silver (metallics look great with greens) This fall is all about dark colors in the makeup world it will be lots of blacks as was said in the MAC class, even black lipstick. MAC will be releasing a collection with black products. I cant wait for that. I also got 2 rings from H&M and two from aldo. They can spice up any black outfit, thats why I got them, for one of my jobs I wear black so I usually funky it up with my accessories and the rings have been a hit with my customers they love them.I went to MAC and ended up getting the sexiest red lipgloss I have ever seen "Russian Red" OMG I could of died when I swatched it, I had heard about this lipgloss but never thought of getting it. ohhhh so sexxy one of my faves for the moment!!!! I also got my self a clutch from H&M it was on sale for $10 Yayyy I love finding bargains my wallet deserves a break once in awhile. The color is like a corally/pink lol(is that even a color lol) it so cute!!!! Cant wait to rock it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment